Finder cover flow problems ::HELP::

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Mds21489, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Mds21489 macrumors newbie

Not sure how to describe the problem i am having so i will do my best.

When using the cover flow option in finder to look at files (photos specifically) i am having the issue where if i move a photo out of the said folder to say the desktop the entire cover flow "snaps back" or "resets" to any where between the first photo in the folder or as far back as about 5 photos before the one i moved.

Say i have 100 photos. i am looking at photo 50. if i were to move that photo to the desktop. Coverflow will automatically "reset" it self to a random photo between photo1 and photo45. Then forcing me to search through the said photos to find where i was at.

Not a big deal when you only have 100 photos. HOWEVER when said folder has 4000 photos in it. This becomes a very big problem very quickly.

Has anyone else had this problem?
    if so, is there a glimmer of hope to fixing it?

2. Larsonator macrumors newbie

I've had the same problem managing other files. I tried finding a fix but the only workaround I can think of is to use tags.

3. w0lf macrumors 65816

w0lf

Hmm I don't have this problem, could be that I'm using XtraFinder or that I'm running 10.9.2 or it could just be a non universal issue.

4. Mds21489 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, thats disheartening to hear. Thank you for your idea. I too have been looking for a fix somewhere out there and found nil. I'll have to look into xtrafinder. in the mean time hopefully someone will see this and have a good fix for my problem.