Finder crash on moving multiple files

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by svkrzn, Aug 9, 2011.

1. svkrzn macrumors regular

Hello, it's the second time that happens on lion and i only tried that with MP3s. I have a folder with MP3s and sometimes i add new ones in it. They are not always added at the bottom, but some files goes to the top. So i do a multiple selection.
    If i try to move the selected files (i usually do that to add them to itunes), finder crashes. It won't crash if i first move the files on the bottom and then those on the top.
    Did anyone have the same behavior?

2. gaugebosons macrumors newbie

This has been happening to me recently as well! Annoys the crap out of me! It restarts nicely, but it just keeps doing it. Console says:

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
    Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
    objc[6607]: garbage collection is OFF
    Assertion failed: (sublayers.count > 1), function __CoreDragBeginUnflockingAnimation, file CoreDragAnimation/CoreDragAnimations.m, line 860.

It says that every single time. Is there a way to turn off the fancy drag animations? It wouldn't be a problem if I could cut and paste. But nooo.

3. svkrzn thread starter macrumors regular

I just checked and getting the same error
    27/08/11 19:17:34,768 com.apple.Finder: Assertion failed: (sublayers.count > 1), function __CoreDragBeginUnflockingAnimation, file CoreDragAnimation/CoreDragAnimations.m, line 860.