Finder Crashing on Applications (Dock problem also)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ellaminnowpea, Mar 11, 2009.

1. ellaminnowpea macrumors newbie

I was tooling around in CandyBar earlier today and after trying to restore my dock icons to defaults, my dock never returned after the Dock restart "killall Dock". After I restart the computer entirely to resolve the problem, I tried clicked on the Applications folder/section of my Finder only to get the spinning beach ball and the 'not responding' error from there out.

this happens after every restart. I've tried repairing the permissions and everything else to no avail. I don't have my Leopard install discs here with me (out of town for a couple days) so if there is a fix without 'archive and install' that's preferred.

i managed to get the dock back by deleting the .plist for it and tried the same for finder, didn't work.

any help is greatly appreciated guys. thanks in advance.

2. ellaminnowpea thread starter macrumors newbie

Apparently, Finder only hangs in List Column view now. It loads in icon view and I can launch programs/apps from there and it's fine. The second I click on List view, it hangs. I deleted the sidebarlists.plist, the finder.plist, and systemuiserver.plist. This helped, obviously, as the icon view is open to me now but my guess is that there is a problem in a .plist somewhere that's causing this. Any tips?