Finder Default View

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by tdgrn, Apr 13, 2009.

?

Favorite Finder View

1. Icon

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  2. List

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  3. Column

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  4. Cover Flow

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  1. tdgrn macrumors 6502

What is everybody's favorite default view for a finder window. I really like the Coverflow style, but I tend to want to go back to Icon style.

2. MarcBook macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

Cover Flow looks cool, but I find it to be quite impractical a lot of the time. Useful for images etc., though.

List view is great when there's loads of items to look through. I hardly ever use column view anymore now that Leopard has the Path Bar feature. It seems to be the standard for file saving dialogues, though.

I LOVE how in Leopard you can change the grid spacing in Icon view, though. Icon is definitely my favourite view. :)

3. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I only ever use list view. I honestly cannot stand when my Applications folder somehow resets to being in coverflow mode. Gah. Coverflow is cool for a pictures folder but that's about it...

4. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

list for areas without a lot of folder navigation,

column for when going through directories

5. remmy macrumors 6502a

List but I do use coverflow when searching for something. Annoyingly there seems to be a bug where I cant move objects when in list or coverflow. It only happens occasionally after many hours and goes if I feel bothered to restart.