Finder doesn't see CD

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sweetred, May 15, 2008.

1. sweetred macrumors newbie

Whenever I pop a CD to burn in my iMacG5 (Panther 10.3.9) it opens iTunes and iTunes asks me to create a Playlist, etc. That's OK if I am burning a music CD. But if I want to burn a Data CD, it opens iTunes, I shut down iTunes, and Finder then does not see the CD. I never seem to get the dialog box "You've inserted a blank CD. Choose what to from the pop-up menu".
    Basically I want to see that box so I can choose whether to burn a data or music CD, but instead iTunes seems to have taken over the opening process.
    I have gone into Finder>>Preferences and made sure the CD tab was clicked for Sidebar, and that CD,DVD tab clicked for Show on Desktop...
    So how to I get the machine to default to the basic CD dialog box rather than open iTunes??

2. mrwizardno2 macrumors 6502a

mrwizardno2

Check in preferences for the default actions on how finder handles cd inserts and stuff. I think that's where it's at. You can choose what you want it to do when you insert - say - a music CD, a picture CD, or a blank disc.

3. sweetred thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the tip!

Thanks so much. Forgot about System Preferences. As usual, there's an easy explanation and fix for a little glitch like this. Gotta love Macs!