Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xylian

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2009
Hi,
I've noticed twice that Finder does not allow me to delete some files saying that it can't delete them because they can not be found... Rebooting the laptop solves the problem and the files are still there and can be deleted. Next time it happens I'll try a deeper analysis, i.e. trying to move/read/copy them from shell or something else.. The laptop is a new MBPr 15" Core i7 2.3Ghz with 512 SSD.

Have you ever experienced this issue with Mavericks 10.9.0?

Last edited:

Xylian

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2009
What about if you use 'Secure Empty Trash' does it help?
I can try, but the error I get is not in the trash, is in a normal finder window, where i press the delete key on some files.. next time it happens I'll try to simply move those files in another folder, just to completely exclude a Trash issue..

wjames

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2011
See the same thing here as well

I have noticed this behavior as well usually after I have installed a program via dmg or zip file and trying to delete the installer afterwards. I have confirmed that it is a finder issue as I can delete the file using Forklift without the error. I also can confirm that a reboot will enable finder to delete the file. Looks like a problem that Apple will have to fix.

Partron22

macrumors 68030
Apr 13, 2011
Yes
Restarting the Finder, rather than rebooting, sometimes fixes problems like this. Type cmd-opt-esc to bring up window that'll let you restart Finder.
The problem's shown up occasionally at least back to Snow Leopard days, so I wouldn't hold my breath for a quick Apple-fix.

Xylian

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2009
Thanks for the feedback, it happened to me after installing from DMGs and moving around tons of data, since I've just got the new MBPr and I'm installing all my stuff.. I feared it could be an SSD problem so I'm glad to understand that it is a finder issue :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.