Finder Findings

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Dafke, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Dafke macrumors 6502

Dafke

So I'm testdriving Leopard now, I have it installed on a partition on my external drive and I was looking at Cover Flow in Finder. I really like this feature but it is not really working properly for me.
    The thing is, I watching some high-res pictures I made a week ago but the images just aren't rendered sharp. I've attached a screenshot to show it. When I hit the spacebar for Quick Look the image shows up cristal clear but after hitting spacebar again the image in Cover Flow looks bad again. Spotlight is already finished with indexing and the external is a fast drive connected through FW 800 to my MBP.

Another thing is, images that were rotated to portrait and saved in Preview show like landscape pictures in Cover Flow, in Quick Look they are portrait again. I would also like it if the black area above the images shown in Cover Flow could be a bit smaller.

Oh and anybody knows how to make the dock 2d and locate it at the bottom?

What I like btw is that when taking a screenshot the location on the screen and the dimension of the shot is shown in pixels.

Attached Files:

2. Dafke thread starter macrumors 6502

Dafke

Hmmm, I thought I'd leave my computer running for a while, maybe the Cover Flow would improve, now most of the previews are gone! The pictures do show up in Quick Look btw. See attached file.

Attached Files:

3. digitalpencil macrumors 6502

digitalpencil

I know you're running through FW800 but I imagine it's that it's just taking time given you're running the OS off an external. Coverflow renders low-res images as previews and then should update (reasonably snappily) to a higher res version. This has been my experience anyway.

As for the 2d dock, don't know of how to revert to Tiger style but the following will revert the shelf-view to that of a side-mounted dock.

defaults write com.apple.dock no-glass -boolean YES
    killall Dock

4. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

5. Dafke thread starter macrumors 6502

Dafke

Thanks for showing me the other thread, it worked for me to delete the preview pic in the "Get Info" window!

6. zakatov macrumors 6502a

zakatov

And an app like CocoThumbX can automate the icon removal for you