Finder Freezing During Network Actions- Help

Discussion in 'macOS' started by legaleye3000, Jan 19, 2013.

1. legaleye3000 macrumors 65816

Just starting today, when I connect to another computer through Finder on my wifi network, Finder freezes. I'm attaching a screen shot. I'm running latest version of Lion and all updates have been applied. Verified disk and repaired permissions, rebooted.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

Two suggestions. First one is remember back to what you changed just before this started happening. Perhaps you loaded some new software? If so, try removing it and see if the problem persists. But I know .. you didn't change anything right? Yea, all my users tell me that same story, just before their trousers spontaneously combust.

Second idea is to create a new user account and see if the problem persists.

Actually the second idea is less intrusive, so you might try it first.

3. justperry macrumors G3

justperry

And if the other account has no problem then delete(move to desktop before deleting) the com.apple.finder.plist in your Preferences folder, another file which can cause problems is com.apple.sidebarlists.plist so try that after the first one.

Last file to try if the others won't solve the problem is an invisible file called .DS_Store and is on your desktop/desktop folder in your Home Folder.
    This one you can delete.

Be aware to first move the files to the desktop(the first two suggestions) and if it doesn't work you can move them back, if you move/delete these files all settings in finder/sidebar will be reset.

4. legaleye3000 thread starter macrumors 65816

Tried everything above (except deleting the dsstore file) and it hasn't worked. I forgot how to show hidden files...

5. justperry macrumors G3

justperry

You did logout and in did you?

6. legaleye3000 thread starter macrumors 65816

Rebooted and turned off a few times. I'm gonna install mountain lion and see if that works. Its just my early 08 MBP is kinda laggy with mountain lion...