Finder goes unresponsive after mounting an .iso file.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by natatos, Jun 18, 2009.

1. natatos macrumors regular

It mounts but I have to open force quit and relaunch it then when I open it, it goes non responsive again earlier it was working fine.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

An .iso doesn't work. It is a file. It just "is." Double-clicking on an .iso creates a mounted volume on your Desktop. If that mounted volume contains one or more applications, then you should copy them to your hard drive before running them. A potential problem with .iso images as mounted volumes is that they are writable.

Long story short, you need to clarify what you are doing. If we know what you are doing, then we can diagnose your problem and give you the help that you want.

3. natatos thread starter macrumors regular

the iso has an installer on it also the iso is 5.6GB so could it be that its mounting and is taking a long time to do that also there should be two icons on it that are there.

4. LtRammstein macrumors 6502a

LtRammstein

I recommend finding an .ISO reader, or a daemon that allows you to "mount" the .iso like a DVD.

5. natatos thread starter macrumors regular

I got it to mount but now the installer in it says that its not supported by my architect or something like that.