Finder :How do You Stop it from Breeding?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Ironduke, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Ironduke Suspended

Ironduke

Am I the only one here who after a few hours of use has like 20 finder windows spawned:rolleyes:

I really wish apple would allow the tabbed interface of Safari be used in finder

So how do you manage your finder.

2. JosX macrumors regular

Tabbed interface would work well, never thought of that before. When I've been working with finder windows I just click the dock icon which brings them all the front & close them.

3. pit29 macrumors 6502a

pit29

Maybe you can use column view.

And make sure that you don't have "Always open in new window..." checked in Finder's preferences.

4. irishgrizzly macrumors 65816

irishgrizzly

I place my docs folder in the dock and use this view to get files. Works great.

Attached Files:

5. opeter macrumors 65816

opeter

I am using this: TotalFinder.

[​IMG]

Also using ForkLift for advanced file management needs.

6. Ironduke thread starter Suspended

Ironduke

yeah boy now thats what im talking about:cool:

7. Libertine Lush macrumors 6502a

I use TotalFinder too. When I moved to Mac, I couldn't believe how cumbersome and feature-limited Finder is compared to Windows XP's Explorer, even more so compared to the one in Windows 7.

TotalFinder makes it a lot more usable. And the latest builds allows you to combine 2 tabs, so that you can have a dual pane view, negating the need to open 2 Finder windows to transfer files/folders in distant locations. Also, it can automatically sort your folders at the top of the screen. It's free for a little while now, but the developer intends to start charging around soon when it's ready for official debut. He said around $15.

8. Mew2468 macrumors regular

I'll have to download TotalFinder; it's exactly what I've been trying to find for quite a while. Has anybody had issues with it (considering it's still in it's alpha)?