Finder issue, help!

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by darels, Nov 3, 2011.

1. darels macrumors member

Hey, since i installed lion i repeatedly get some finder bug, ints crashes or smth i dunno, but when it happens i just can't open finder and all my desktop icons are gone, when i start swiping with free fingers to another desktop or full screen app i see the finder window but as soon as i release my fingers from trackpad it hides again. All i need to do to fix it is just relunch the finder, but i got pissed of relunching it so frequently. Thanks for help.

P.s. lion 1.7.2 update didn't solved the problem.

2. NoHomeDirectory macrumors newbie

Try booting into safe mode-

-shut down and power back on, as soon as you hear the chime hold the shift key and wait while it boots up (you want to hit it as soon as you hear the start up chimes)-you can let go of shift once you see the progress bar

-once in safe boot mess around with finder and see if you can get it to crash if not reboot and sign into your user account and see if you can access finder

-if you get the same crashing I would try reinstalling lion reboot and hold command and R boot to the recovery and go through the motions...if none of that helps you out just post back and we can see where to go from there...