Finder List View Open Folders

Discussion in 'macOS' started by helio1982, Mar 14, 2010.

1. helio1982 macrumors member

Hey all,

Here's my question: I open a folder (e.g. A) in list view and see all subfolders of A. I then open one of the subfolders (e.g. 1) using the triangle and then see the subfolder's contents. Due to the limited window size I no longer see all other subfolders of A. So far so good.

Now comes my problem: Whenever I open folder A again in list view, be it in two minutes, hours, or days afterwards, I again see the same view I left off, meaning I still see the subfolder 1's contents, but due to the limited window size I again don't see other subfolders. However, most of the time I'm no more interested in the same subfolders and always have to collapse them before seeing ALL of the contents of the folder A.

Is there a way of turning off the "memory" function? I don't want finder to show the subfolders I opened last open again.

Appreciate any hints, couldn't find anything in the forum or with google....

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Actually, you're asking to be able to have the sub-subfolders close up automatically, but not the subfolders above them. That's a pretty stringent request of the OS. There would have to be a whole hierarchy of options to set so that you could make the computer think the way you think, or Joe across the street, or Mary down the block. Apple took the easy way out: you have to close what you want to be closed before you close the window.