Finder, lock coverflow size

Discussion in 'macOS' started by digitalpencil, Oct 31, 2007.

1. digitalpencil macrumors 6502

digitalpencil

Firstly, I'm loving a lot of the new Leopard features but one things bugging me.

If I have finder in coverflow mode and then resize my window the only thing that happens is coverflow gets bigger. As nice a feature as it is this is definitely not what I want. When I resize my finder window I want to see more documents in the window, not bigger icons.

Is there anyway to lock finder's coverflow size?

Also, wasn't there going to be a 'quicklook' button in the finder? I've found it in the contextual menu but thought it was also supposed to be a button.

2. Stephenbw macrumors member

Just hit the spacebar for quicklook.

3. rand() macrumors regular

I haven't found a way to lock the Coverflow size yet. I agree that that would be a nice feature to have, though.

For the Quicklook button, you wouldn't happen to be an upgrader, would you? I have a customized Finder toolbar, and the upgrade didn't mess with it. However, if you right-click your toolbar, and go to Customize..., you can add the Quicklook button to your bar.

Or you can just press the space bar with the file selected. You can do this in any view mode, even to files right on your desktop.

4. Stephenbw macrumors member

After resizing the Finder window, grab the 3 lines below the coverflow bar to resize the coverflow window.

Attached Files:

5. digitalpencil thread starter macrumors 6502

digitalpencil

Thanks, & no offense but I know how to resize the coverflow frame, I was looking for a solution to lock the ratio. Doesn't look like this is possible, hopefully an update will provide this option. ;)

rand(): thanks man, yeh, i'm an upgrader.. added quicklook, path and get info to the toolbar

6. Stephenbw macrumors member

Sorry, I'm new to this and my knowledge is basic.

The ratio of my resized finder and coverflow frame does stay 'locked' even after a 'Restart'.:)

7. digitalpencil thread starter macrumors 6502

digitalpencil

No worries, nice to see a fellow manc in the forums ;)

What i was referring to was that when you resize the finder window i.e. to show more documents, the list view doesn't expand, coverflow does. Which, is kinda annoying given i don't want huge coverflow icons, I want more docs displayed in the list.

8. blaaat macrumors member

i agree, this is so annoying.

iTunes resizes right, why in hell should i need giant icons which are still unreadable in cover-flow. I like cover-flow in finder, but this sucks.

I also think, finder looks too much like iTunes, i'm opening multiple documents everyday while trying to get just another song playing.

9. Traveler macrumors member

Finder Window sizing preferences too please

I agree with digitalpencil - locking the aspect ration would be nice.

A preference to remember the overall window size (and placement) - not simply the ratio - would be great too. I'm tired of both dragging out the window to increase it's size, and secondarily having to reduce the size of the coverflow area.

Thought there was a program for Tiger that added functionality like this - but I forget what the name is.