Finder menu "blues"...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by lotones, Aug 17, 2010.

1. lotones macrumors regular

I've been a mac user for ions... well, since my mac LC 550, bless it's little 36mb/ram heart. But I've just gotten a new iMac and I'm still wondering after all these years: how do you change the finder menu highlight from that awful blue color? I can't take it anymore... I'm REALLY over this particular shade of blue...

[​IMG]

ugh!

2. Theclamshell macrumors 68030

Go into system preferences > Appearance > then at the top it will say appearance and you can click on the drop down menu. Sad to say it only gives you gray as a different color option...

Attached Files:

3. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

i wish we could customsie that colour like the good old OS9 days :(

4. lotones thread starter macrumors regular

Ah... I saw that. I thought there was more to it that I was missing. And yes, not much of a choice, but I'll just switch back and forth when I need a break from the other... thanks

Yes, that is what I was remembering. There was a shareware called "kaleidoscope" I think... let you do all kinds of funky things with the finder. Don't miss that much really...lol, except now all I want to do is something as simple as get rid if that "medical blue".

5. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

i think medical blue is smexchy! gay gray is terrible to look at.

6. lotones thread starter macrumors regular

So I switched to graphite for awhile and was dicking around in itunes, and there it was again... "medical blue". I can't get away from it.

medical blue is the new beige.