Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

greytux

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2014
Since updating to OS X Yosemite, I have the following issues with finder...

Issue 1: Most icons/previews are missing. This only happens in list-view and column-view (where the icons are displayed very small).
VCRmJ4V.png

Issue 2: Finder sidebar cuts the icons off. This only appears when using "Sidebar icon size: Medium".
i2Z1Mw3.png

What I have done already:
- I just updated to the Beta 2 released today, it hasn't helped
- Verified and repaired disk
- Verified and repaired disk permissions
- multiple restarts

Does anyone have the same issue? I suppose it has to do with some kind of icon cache...

aldoF

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2011
I'm running DP1 on three machines, none of them were fresh installs

-rMBP 13" early 2013 & late 2011 MacMini don't have this issue (they do have others), but my late 2011 MBP 15' does have this missing icons issue....tried all that same stuff too and was hoping for a fix on DP2, still hope I get lucky when I get home...otherwise I'll just deal with it until the GM and do a fresh install then.

Mattstrete

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2011
I had this. Fixed it by cleaning system caches with the beta version of CleanMyMac2. An attempt to verify the dynamic shared loader cache threw a strange error which had something to do with icons.

(I have rolled back to Mavericks after my Magic Mouse (Mice) started lagging on DP2. Problem is fixed in Mavericks, so I think that the Bluetooth drivers have been fiddled with in DP2 - maybe to support Continuity.)

aldoF

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2011
I had this. Fixed it by cleaning system caches with the beta version of CleanMyMac2. An attempt to verify the dynamic shared loader cache threw a strange error which had something to do with icons.

(I have rolled back to Mavericks after my Magic Mouse (Mice) started lagging on DP2. Problem is fixed in Mavericks, so I think that the Bluetooth drivers have been fiddled with in DP2 - maybe to support Continuity.)

dude...that was sweet, it did the trick, now I'm back in business 100%. THANK YOU!

NY Guitarist

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2011
MacPaw sucks

Tried this to see if .jpg and .mp4 icon previews would be restored.

I have to say that MacPaw kind of sucks in that the app seems free for basic cleanup but stops part way through the system cleanup and asks you to buy the full version. Scammer style for sure.

Anyway I did the manual cache cleanup but no luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.