Finder/Most of System is not Working

Discussion in 'macOS' started by cycocelica, Feb 24, 2008.

1. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

Ok so I did some searches and didn't come up with something similar to my problem. A list of my problems (PowerBook 15", 1.67 GHz PowerPC G4, 512, MB, 10.5.2 with all updates):

-Finder doesn't work and will not relaunch

-Cannot get apps to start from the dock. They just keep bouncing and then it takes forever to force quit

-Top right of menu bar shows only Synergy, 360Connect, and Little Stich. No time, no battery icon, nothing. The three icons don't work either

This all started today. I have Time Machine so I could use that. Other than that, I was thinking it was RAM or hardware problems. Any suggestions?

2. cycocelica thread starter macrumors 68000

cycocelica

Ok so I stayed up late trying everything I can. I tried resetting the PMU and I tried the fsck route. Still nothing. Some more interesting notes:

EDIT: I also tried booting from the 10.5 install disk (Holding C when restarting, nothing)

-I can use only Firefox, Word and iTunes. Both launch from the dock, NOTHING else will.

-Because of this, Time Machine will not work, so I am SOL on that.

-The sound and internet work, but neither menu bar icon appears. If I move my mouse up to the right corner, it beachballs.

-Same goes with clicking anything on the desktop. Beachball.

Anything now?