Finder not retaining view options

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by gumbyx84, Aug 24, 2011.

1. gumbyx84 macrumors 6502

gumbyx84

I have a problem with Finder not remembering the view options I set. I have all my folders set to icon view, but whenever I reboot or even when I move back to a different folder, it goes back to list view. Has anyone run into this problem?

2. Riemann Zeta macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8J2)

Certainly. In both the 10.7.0 GM and the 10.7.2 beta update. Finder does not respect view settings if external applications are used to open/save files. By that, I mean that if a non-Finder application opens a File Dialog Box (which is always displayed in 'column' mode), then Finder will switch from the desired view settings (Icon view) into column view and simply lose the user's view preference. I've tried destroying all of the .DS_Store files, resetting the preference manually and also deleting Finder's plist from ~/Library/Preferences/...nothing helps.

3. gumbyx84 thread starter macrumors 6502

gumbyx84

Exactly! Good to know I'm not the only having this problem. One would think an issues like this would be brought up more often. This, among the many other issues with Lion, are really making me worried. Was there this many problems when Leopard launched?

Edit: As a side note to this: Path Finder got upgraded for Lion right? And comes with a 30 day trial?

4. pazz macrumors regular

5. Riemann Zeta macrumors 6502a

Actually, yes. The first 10.5.0 GM release was quite buggy and had some really annoying features with respect to the dock (Apple did not implement 'Display as Folder' until 10.5.2). The 10.6.0 GM of Snow Leopard was a little better, but still fairly buggy. But I think Lion takes the cake, though--they clearly rushed the release.

Aside from the unbelievably stupid mandatory autosave "feature," Lion 10.7.2 does take care of a number of smaller issues (but the Finder still exhibits some wonkiness) and Apple should have held off on releasing Lion, making what has become 10.7.2 into the initial 10.7.0 GM.

6. tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

That's just great. :(