Finder on an Infinite Crash Loop

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dnayak, Apr 14, 2015.

1. dnayak macrumors newbie

Hello Experts,

I have a MBP mid 2012 model which is on Mavericks for quite some time. Currently I am on OSX v10.9.

Last week on 4th Apr, all of a sudden my track pad started behaving weird. I browsed quite some solutions and tried lot of options.
    One of the options were resetting SMC and PRAM. After that I noticed that finder is crashing every 4-5 minutes. I started using a external mouse and trackpad problem was temporarily solved.

Last Friday 10th Apr, I decided to re-install the OS. Post installation, the finder is continuously crashing every15/20 secs. Earlier I could at least use my machine with little bit of patience, but now its completely unusable. Even the apps on dock like Chrome, Firefox, iTunes etc don't even respond to clicks with machine being super slow. After browsing a lot of solutions provided by experts here on finder crashing, I have tried the below mentioned steps:
    • Crashes occurring on SAFE MODE
    • Crashes also with other user accounts & GUEST account
    • Resetting SMC and PRAM
    • Deleting the plist file: ~/Library/Preference/com.apple.finder. plist
    • Deleting the plist file: ~/Library/Preference/com.apple.sidebarlists.plist
    • Deleting ~/Library/Preference/Container/quicklook.uihelper
    • Deleting .DS_Store files
    • Deleting Google Drive
    • Restart the computer and ⌘+ R, Disk Utility > tried all options and everything was fine.
    • Reinstalled the OSX

Nothing is working for me. Can anyone please help me.

Thanks,
    Deepak

2. Taz Mangus macrumors 68040

Taz Mangus

If crashes are happening in safe mode, that would probably indicate some sort of hardware failure. It is probably time for you to take the computer into a Apple Store to have it throughly checked out.