Finder opens at start up...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by iPhone3GHunt, Oct 13, 2008.

1. iPhone3GHunt macrumors member

I've come here before with this problem, but now it started again, I have a video to show what happens.
    Basically wether I close the finder window, it opens at startup:
    View My Video

2. Velocifero macrumors newbie

Mines does the same exact thing. Always on a reboot and sometimes when I take it out of sleep mode. Is this normal? There should be a way to stop that window from popping up.

3. Sirobin macrumors 6502

Sirobin

Are any windows open when you shut down your computer? I think that will do it...

4. Velocifero macrumors newbie

I thought of that so I closed them all and it still does it. Everytime.

5. zerofiftysix macrumors member

I saw this problem on another forum (quite possibly on the Apple forums). Try going into system preferences > accounts > login items and check to see if something like "Macintosh HD" or "Finder" or something suspicious like that is on the list. That could very well be your problem.

6. Velocifero macrumors newbie

I checked this as well. Nothing but my "logitech control center". I retract my previous statement, it doesnt to it everytime I turn on the computer, but most of the time. Point is it shouldn't do it at all though.

7. Velocifero macrumors newbie

I tried changing the wallpaper like it suggested, but it still pops up at random at startup and coming out of standby. I wonder if it's that Logitech control startup item for my mouse...I linked a cursor problem to the mouses receiver, so I'll try starting the computer without the receiver plugged it and see what happens.

8. Velocifero macrumors newbie

Figured it out. Turned out to be that Logitech controller. I restarted it a bunch of times with and without the receiver plugged in and the finder window didnt pop up once with the receiver unplugged. The window didnt also popup while it was plugged in UNTIL i touched the mouse (VX Revolution if you're wondering); the trackpad wouldnt activate it. Same thing for coming out of sleep. If I plugged the receiver back in after coming out of sleep, the finder will pop up automatically.

The only two problems ive had since ive owned this mac have been caused by something other than the mac itself. Typical I guess, or hope. I love this mouse, but this makes me want to get a bluetooth mouse even more now.