Finder plugin for tiger to provide an address bar

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cyberjunky, Feb 7, 2008.

1. cyberjunky macrumors regular

Anyone know of a plugin for the finder in tiger and/or leopard to provide an address bar in the same style as apples other button based address bars, kind of like the one on apples store website where instead of all being text you can click one of the folders to jump back/up the tree?

If your unsure what im talking about take a peek at the apple store and after viewing a product notice a bar with the section to subsection your viewing, they have little arrow breakers between them, click on and you go back up to that section.

If no such plugin exists would anyone be interested in building one? im sure many people would be interested in such a feature.

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

The Finder does not support UI level plugin so this would only be possible by massively hacking the system. This would negatively effect stability. Not to be recommended.

Note that in Leopard you can turn on the Path Bar via the view menu. It appears at the bottom of the window like this.

3. cyberjunky thread starter macrumors regular

Oh cool, shame it isnt at the top though, also i noticed its in that slim mode of the finder, can you still use it in normal mode? (via that capsule button).

I might get a mini around easter period so ill have leopard which will be cool but cant justify upgrading my MB(using tiger) since ive had it just under a year.

But i have skinned tiger to look more leopardy using uni i got everything using the gun metal, changed sys icons and folders to look bit more pleasant.