Finder Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by loosegee, Oct 18, 2011.

1. loosegee macrumors newbie

Hi Everyone. I've owned my MacBook Pro for almost 2 years now and this has never happened before so i have no idea what i did or how to fix it.
    This is what happened.
    I had just finished converting an avi movie to m4v with Handbrake. I right clicked on the file on my desktop and clicked 'Get Info' because i wanted to know how big the file was. Right after i clicked 'Get Info' and just before the info window popped open, i must have clicked or pressed something because ever since i did that, Finder won't let me delete a file from a folder or even change a file name. It always asks me for my password and even when i do ever my password it tells me i don't have permission.
    At first i thought i'd maybe locked the file my accident but it's happening with every file now. Images, videos, documents. I can't send anything to trash or rename anything.
    I am always logged on as admin. There are no other accounts on my system and no one else uses my laptop.

Any ideas folks?

I'm running Lion by the way

2. loosegee thread starter macrumors newbie

Problem solved. Clicked on my user folder and noticed a tiny lock icon on the corner of the Desktop folder itself. I must have accidentally locked the desktop.lol

Silly boy :)