Finder Problem

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by samo1215, Jan 27, 2014.

1. samo1215 macrumors member

I recently purchased a new late 2013 15-inch rMBP with Mavericks installed. Previously I had a 2008 15-inch MBP which I eventually did also upgrade to Mavericks prior to purchasing my new computer.

The issue I have been having is sometimes when I go to save a file, the "Save" dialogue box pops up with the Finder window allowing me to navigate my hard drive. Quite frequently, I get the spinning wheel in the box indicating that the Finder is figuring out what files/folders are in each directory. In the meantime, the main window that displays the contents of the current directory is blank. As I navigate through folders on the sidebar the pinwheel thing continues to spin and nothing shows up in the main finder window.

Then if I cancel the original save attempt and load the save dialogue again, often everything will pop up immediately.

Any insight as to what is going on or why this is happening?

2. Twimfy macrumors 6502a

Twimfy

Common issue with 10.9.1 for a lot of people at the moment. Hold out for 10.9.2 which will be due in a month or so. Fixes the issue, sucks but it's either that or migrate back to Mountain Lion.

3. samo1215 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for letting me know. I'm really surprised a bug like this exists. It's not life threatening but pretty common and very annoying.