Finder question for a nooooooob

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Mooondog, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Mooondog macrumors newbie

Hello, brand new to Mac. I've searched around for answers, found some, but need some help and clarification.

Before I really start using my iMac, I want to make sure I have things in the right place. I have the 256GB SSD + 2TB HDD. Prior to migrating my files from my old PC, I put everything I wanted to keep in one folder with separate sub-folders for music, pictures, video, etc... In the 1-to-1 setup they stuck that folder on the HDD of course as it was about 400GB.

In Finder, that folder is located under DEVICES.

How come when I click "Music" in Finder that it doesn't show any of those files that are on the HDD? They are all in iTunes on my HDD. The Pictures show up in Finder because I am okay keeping them on the SDD (as well as the HDD) as I have only about 16GB of pictures. But before I imported the files to iPhoto, the pictures also did not appear in Finder.

Thanks

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Maybe you have iTunes set up so that it does not organize your music collection by copying everything into the default "Music" folder. I believe iPhoto has a similar setting.

3. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

When you click on "music" in the sidebar there should be a folder called iTunes in it. Your music might be in that folder.