Finder Questions

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by siam, Nov 2, 2008.

1. siam macrumors regular

A couple of questions,

In Finder when I look for a file it only shows the Time in the Date created , ( A ) how can I get it to show the date..?

In Finder how can I add comments to the comments part ( B )

thanks

Attached Files:

2. Str8edgepunker macrumors 6502

1. Expand the column by clicking and dragging on the right end.

2. Get info on the item you want to make a comment on. There will be a window in there where you can add them.

3. siam thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the info ,

A . worked great

B. When I go to info, and make a comment in the box, the comment only shows in the '' Name '' box on Finder and the comments box is still blank -- Any ideas what to do next ..?

Thanks

4. siam thread starter macrumors regular

5. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Well, I don't know what to offer as an explanation for yours really. I had never messed around with this (as I did not have the Comments column active in my Finder windows) so I just activated the Comments column, selected a file and did a Get Info on it. I then entered a comment in the "Spotlight Comments" field at the top- and as soon as I closed the Get Info window, the comments appeared in the correct place in the Finder window. The attached pic shows my experiment which is in list view, but I dragged the file to another folder then tried CoverFlow mode like your example and the comments still appeared fine.

Have you installed the latest updates to your OS and repaired permissions in Disk Utility? That is all I can think of since I could not get mine to fail! :confused: :confused:

BTW- from your previous comment are you saying that entering a comment in the "Spotlight Comments" field in Get Info renames your file? I am confused by your note that if you "...make a comment in the box, the comment only shows in the "Name" box..."

Attached Files:

6. siam thread starter macrumors regular

Its at time like these that I really want to '' kick ''my self, Yes I was making the comments in the Name & Extension Box , instead of the Comments Box
    so all's now well , and all I can say is Thanks for your advice and comments
    it was much appreceated :) I bet you can see I still have my '' L '' plates
    on.

7. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Well, yeah, entering it there would create a problem! ;) Glad to hear it is cleared up that simply!