Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cool11

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 3, 2006
I have a problem with osx eject image function, since I upgraded to leopard.
Sometimes, not always though, when I eject a cd, a dmg, the finder quits! I have to open it again.

I hoped it was a bug but I am not sure now.
Because I see 10.5.4 release update today, and this annoying thing still remains.
So is it a bug? If it is, is it so difficult for apple to fix it?
Anyone to have the same problem? How can I stop finder to exit?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
If you opened Finder by double-clicking the CD, dmg or disc that you then eject, the Finder window will close, but Finder keeps running. If you want a Finder window to stay open, launch it by double-clicking your Mac HD or File > New Finder Window. It will stay open even if you eject something.

cool11

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 3, 2006
I 'll try it the way you told me above.
I used to open finder with its shortcut on my taskbar.

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
If you opened Finder by double-clicking the CD, dmg or disc that you then eject, the Finder window will close, but Finder keeps running. If you want a Finder window to stay open, launch it by double-clicking your Mac HD or File > New Finder Window. It will stay open even if you eject something.

Not quite accurate. If you're viewing the contents of a CD/dmg/disc and click that disc's eject button, the window will close. If you're not currently viewing it (even if that's how you opened it), the window will remain open.

Conversely, even if you open the new window by double-clicking the hard drive, using the File menu, or clicking on the Finder in the Dock, if you're currently viewing the disc contents, it will close the window if you eject the disc.

If it does it while you're viewing something else in that Finder window, then there's likely something wrong.

jW

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.