Finder refresh

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by fredou, Nov 20, 2013.

1. fredou macrumors newbie

How can I get the finder to refresh? Sometime it does automatically, sometimes not. By example, if I export a picture from iPhoto to a folder, and after I go to the folder, the file is not there. However, as soon as I relaunch the finder, the file is now shown.

2. xylitol, Nov 21, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2013

xylitol macrumors regular

see if this little app works on Mavericks (I can't test it now):

http://soderhavet.com/refresh/refresh-finder/

note: you need to hold down cmd key before dragging the app from Applications to the Finder toolbar (and yeah, its icon can be ridiculously small)

OR you can try XtraFinder with lots more extra features (and apparently some bugs)

3. fredou thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks!

Working with refresh-finder! Thank you very much!!!

4. pareshpandit macrumors newbie

pareshpandit

Update: Same problem with El Capitan. Installed Refresh Finder and it did seem to work on the first instance for my Documents folder, but seems to not do much in the Downloads folder thereafter. Also noticed that the Refresh Finder portal does not mention an El Capitan update - maybe that's why?
    Also, both my folders are Symlinked and I did navigate to the physical locations directly (and not via shortcuts) to see if anything changes when I launch the app form there, but nothing did. :(

Any other advice / tips?

5. LoKan macrumors newbie

LoKan

Hello everybody,

Same problem here. I have an iMac 5K, and when I export an image from Photos.app to the desktop, it doesn't appear. At the beginning, going to the Finder > Desktop showed my pictures, but now, even after relaunching the Finder, the problem is still here.
    On my Dropbox folder, only one of my 20-ish folders shows up.

It's a new problem for me, since the last Mac OS X update, probably.