FINDER: right size all columns individually all the time

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ichorous, Aug 24, 2010.

1. ichorous macrumors newbie

ichorous

right size all columns individually all the time...would. be. awesome.

I would love it is snow leopard can do this. Does anyone know how?

I am tired of only seeing half my folder names in the columns view of finder and manually setting this up each time I enter a new column..:mad:

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Set 'em all up once, then always use Always Open Folders in a new Window

3. theaero macrumors 6502

Wouldn't folders always open in a new window then? I also would like to right size all columns individually.. permanently.

4. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Yes. That's the point.

You might not know; that's the way it was before OS X.

5. Miss Terri macrumors 6502

If I'm understanding the original question(s) right, then that is something I would like to know how to do too.

That is, I open a finder window, and then go into Documents or something like that, and click on a sub folder...so now I have two or three columns to the right as the sub-folders spread out. BUT, the new columns are always rather thin, and so most of my file names are only partially visible.

I can "grab" the little handles and spread each column out, but that only lasts the one time, and the next time I go into finder I have to re-grab everything. This gets tiring when I know I would like them to open "wide" every time (and the very few times I did not, well, those would be the times I could "grab" and readjust vs. having that be the default).

I'm not sure that opening in a new window is what I'm looking for - I just want the finder columns to be wider (or to stay the width I want them) without having to tug each one over each time.

I'm hoping there is some way to do this that I just don't know about.

Terri

6. javks macrumors newbie