Finder >Shared Computer Drive Bewilderment!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by rotarypower101, Jan 2, 2009.

1. rotarypower101 macrumors regular

rotarypower101

Hi guys, need a little help please.

I am trying to find out how to change the way finder presents itself while it is looking at a shared computer, because it appears to be doing this incorrectly, or is messed up some how.

If you look at the screen shot of the highlighted drives of this shared computer, you will notice there are multiple instances of drive J and I would like to remove the repeated link.

Also some of the drives have names associated with them, while others do not. I cannot figure out why some take the name given to the drive under windows in the macs finder window and why some do not? To throw another odd question in, drive G is not labeled movies anywhere, but rather is a drive labeled TV Shows under windows.
    Can someone help direct me to the solution to fixing these issues please?

[​IMG]

Rebooting does nothing, as this has been there for months, even after a restore.

2. petermcphee macrumors 6502a

petermcphee

I am also interested in the answer to this, as I have a similar proplem like the OP.

3. rotarypower101 thread starter macrumors regular

rotarypower101

Have you found any similar posts on the subject? I have looked and either it is very hard to find because of the broad search criterion “finder, shared, drives”, or this does not happen very often?

Can you express your issues in more detail please?
    Post a screenshot if you could as well please.

4. rotarypower101 thread starter macrumors regular

rotarypower101

Has anyone found a solution for this yet, or can give some ideas where to search for a fix for this issue?

Moreover where does the issue lie, with the windows box or mac?