Finder Tabs Query

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Oldskoolstu, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Oldskoolstu macrumors newbie

Hi all,

How do I get finder tabs to stay? Evertime I create a window in the finder with multiple tabs and close it and reopen it the tabs aren't there, I'm obviously missing something but can't figure it out.

Thanks in advance :)

2. vinitmenon macrumors regular

vinitmenon

doesnt happen to me.. just now tried again.. command+t new tab.. closed that finder by hitting X and then re opened from dock.. opened with tab..

3. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

Confirmed - same thing here.

4. Oldskoolstu thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm really? Looks like another Mavericks bug then. I've attempted to create tabs several times now in various different finder windows and every time I close and re-open them the tabs are no longer there?

Is any one else having the problem or am I doing something wrong!?!

5. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

are you CLOSING the window, or minimizing it to the dock? when i close a window with multiple tabs...it's gone (which is why i posted elsewhere, that a bookmark system like safari would be great for tabbed finder windows...)

6. Oldskoolstu thread starter macrumors newbie

For example I've created a new folder in the finder and then added tabs each directing to certain folders, i.e. Downloads, Documents. Applications, Etc for arguments sake, but when I close that folder window and reopen it all of the tabs aren't there anymore and I just have the original new folder finder window. Am I missing something? Or is this a bug?

7. activate macrumors regular

There are no settings re this. Have you tried a finder relaunch ?

8. Oldskoolstu thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes but with no joy ... From what I have worked out you can either use tabs in a new Desktop or by minimise only and cannot use it like Tabs work in Safari, i.e. opening tabs in Safari, closing it, and them still being there on re-opening, am I correct?

9. vinitmenon macrumors regular

vinitmenon

i could reproduce your problem.

opened a folder from desktop. created a tab and closed that finder window clicking X. Again I opened that folder and i could not find tab.

doing same with finder icon from dock does not close any tabs.. finder tab has all the tabs no matter even if you sleep your mac. so it seems opening a folder named "Apple" on desktop will only open that folder. while opening finder from dock will open your tabs which you left open last time.