Finder trouble

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by olliea95, Mar 1, 2009.

1. olliea95 macrumors regular

olliea95

Well lets see if I can explain this. When I am inside a Finder window, and I select a file - who's name spans multiple lines, Finder seems to ignore the fact that it has 2 lines, and only highlights the first.

You probably have no idea what I am talking about, so I have attached a couple of pictures to try to aid my explanation. They were just various folders I found lying around in different directories.

I am using OS X 10.4.11, running on a PowerMac G4.

Thanks,

Attached Files:

2. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

I just tried it on my Leopard machine and my Tiger machine and both will highlight multiple lines of the folder's name. You might try resetting the PRAM. Restart the computer and hold down Command+Option+P+R after the chime. Hold them down until the chime rings again and then let go and allow the startup and see if that fixes it.

3. olliea95 thread starter macrumors regular

olliea95

Ok thanks, will try that after Adobe Updater finishes. I know that it has worked in the past, yet I have no idea when it bugged up.

4. olliea95 thread starter macrumors regular

olliea95

Nope, resetting PRAM didn't solve it, so I really need someone to help me as this is so annoying and also one of the reasons I bought OS X is because I thought it wouldn't have this sort of problem...

Please?