Finder, unfinished folder operations

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by casperes1996, Feb 5, 2014.

1. casperes1996 macrumors 65816

casperes1996

Hey chaps, I need a bit of help here.

I was uploading a quite large folder to my TimeCapsule, and was interrupted about 7 hours in (quite annoying). I manually entered the folder, and copied the remaining files over. The annoying thing though is that Finder still reports the folder as being operated on, with the little progress bar, and x in the upper left corner to cancel. The folder is in complete sync with the folder I copied, and I really don't want to have to go trough this again. Is there a way to make Finder treat it as a normal folder, instead of a folder currently being uploaded? I tried deleting the .DS_Store of both the folder itself, and it's parent, but with no success.

Thanks!

2. Bruno09 macrumors 68020

Did you try to Force Quit the Finder ? (/Force Quit)

3. casperes1996 thread starter macrumors 65816

casperes1996

No difference

Changes nothing. Forcing the Finder to turn off is not necessary either. I can boot and shut down normally.

4. casperes1996 thread starter macrumors 65816

casperes1996

DS_Store

Something tells me the data for folders in progress must be in .DS_Store. Does anyone know if it's possible to read it's contents? Or if I'm wrong, and the Finder stores this knowledge somewhere else?