Finder Untitled Folder

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Gallick, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Gallick macrumors member

Hi all,

I've got a tiny issue with a folder that keeps appearing in the Finder; it's not at all problematic, but it bugs me and I'd like to find out why it's happening.

Basically, what's happening is that every time I open the Finder, there is a folder in the sidebar called "untitled folder" that I didn't create. It's totally empty, and its parent folder is Macintosh HD. If I drag the folder to the trash, as soon as I close and reopen the Finder window, it comes back.

Like I said, it certaintly isn't affecting me in any way, it's just bugging me :p Has anyone out there had the same thing happen?

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

It's in the sidebar, underneath Macintosh HD on the left, right? In the sidebar, it isn't an actual folder -- it's a link to one. When you drag it to the trash, you put the folder linked to it in the trash, but there's still a link to it in the sidebar. What you want to do is remove it from the sidebar. Just like the dock, this is how you remove it from the sidebar.

Don't drag it to the trash. Just drag it outside of the window and let go, and it will disappear with a "poof." Then it should not reappear.