Finder window resets position to the left when dragging in a file.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Aljovido, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Aljovido macrumors member

I am not sure how to 'title' my exact problem, so I'll explain it as best I can. I've also attached an Illustration of the problem which might explain it better.

I currently have the items in my folders displayed as 'columns'. When I open a new folder, the folders contents are displayed in the next column to the right. So after going a few folders in, the scroll bar on the bottom of the finder window is somewhat large. This is normal.

However the problem is, whenever I drag a document from my desktop into the most recently opened folder, finder resets the scrollbar to the position on the left side, forcing me to drag the window over again every time. This it a rather large annoyance, since the way I work I pull and replace lots of files from the same series of folders.

I just recently upgraded from Leopard to Snow Leopard (finally), and ever since then I have noticed this strange issue with Finder. It did not happen in Tiger or Leopard.

Is this something that Snow Leopard now does by default now, or am I the only one experiencing this?

Attached Files:

2. Aljovido thread starter macrumors member

3. LPZ macrumors 65816

I have the same behavior using 10.6.4. I assume it is "normal."

To avoid having to move the scroll bar back to the right repeatedly, why not move all the files you want to move in a single collective drag?

4. Aljovido thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for trying it. I was worried this was now how finder works. I wonder why they would make this change, I can't think of how it would help anyone?

I move multiple files when possible, but I usually have a file or two from each folder out at any given time (and it adds up to quite a few files), so I can't just drag them all into the same place.