Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thermodynamic

Suspended
Original poster
May 3, 2009
USA
Howdy - weird new problem. (Using 10.6.8)

On the Finder, the top row features icon view/list view/columns/cover flow followed by the Quick Look and task buttons. Just to the left of 'Quick Look' there is a "?" mark. As if there's a new button that's not been defined.

Clicking on it, I get a message stating "The item can't be found".

I've never tried to make custom buttons, so this is a bit of a wierdie.

Anybody else have this problem?

Apart from booting into DiskWarrior and doing a disk check and cleanup, what else should I be trying?

Thanks much!

(I did just set up a remote display to my Ubuntu server box over the weekend, but didn't configure anything out of the ordinary with this...)

jive turkey

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2008
I did see one thread about this earlier this month. The poster said he had to command-drag to get it off the toolbar. No one figured out what it was.

Edit: Sheesh, even though there were only two posts in this thread I totally missed yours, simsaladimbamba. Sorry for being repetitive.

thermodynamic

Suspended
Original poster
May 3, 2009
USA
You can remove it via holding sown the CMD key and dragging it off the toolbar.

Thanks much! :)

I did see one thread about this earlier this month. The poster said he had to command-drag to get it off the toolbar. No one figured out what it was.

Edit: Sheesh, even though there were only two posts in this thread I totally missed yours, simsaladimbamba. Sorry for being repetitive.

No problem. :)

In doing the cmd-drag, I also saw how it's possible to drag icons onto it - I may have inadvertently caused the problem last night when trying to move icons onto a tab in Firefox or dragging something; I was doing some cleanup...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.