Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

peasantpauper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2007
I'm using a Mac Mini with OS X.
I have a problem with the Finder window & Adobe Illustrator

1 - Adobe Illustrator CS2, it keeps crashing / not saving files. So i went to delete it from the Applications folder (to reinstall it) but the finder window vanishes after i drag the Adobe items to the trash so i cant delete it

. I was going to reinstall the operating system, but need to copy some files to an external hard drive first. But the finder window disappears, and the items on the Desktop also vanish for a few seconds then reappear. Not letting me copy files to other folders !

HELP PLEASE !

Rustman

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2007
England
I'm using a Mac Mini with OS X.
I have a problem with the Finder window & Adobe Illustrator

1 - Adobe Illustrator CS2, it keeps crashing / not saving files. So i went to delete it from the Applications folder (to reinstall it) but the finder window vanishes after i drag the Adobe items to the trash so i cant delete it

. I was going to reinstall the operating system, but need to copy some files to an external hard drive first. But the finder window disappears, and the items on the Desktop also vanish for a few seconds then reappear. Not letting me copy files to other folders !

HELP PLEASE !

Well, I know for a fact that Illustrator has always been a bit flaky on the Mac. It could be caused by a damaged font (often the case for me) or you may benefit from trashing your preferences file and letting Illustrator build a new one.

As for the finder disappearing, is this just when you try to delete something or with any operation?

The first thing I would try is repairing disk permissions. Have you done any maintenance on your Mac?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.