Finder Windows Size and View Options

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Bre.Luiz, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Bre.Luiz macrumors member

Hey people...

I know this topic has been discussed quite a few times alredy, but i never really got a good answer on this thread.... "finder window size and view options" can be defaulted?

Im kind of an OCD dude, and i really hate when i create folder on the desktop or open something via Spotlight and it doesnt retain the finder window size that i use nor the view options of it... it sucks, that button "Use as Defaults" doesnt make anything at all.... and this just drive me crazy... once again im kinda OCD!

So the straigh to the point, is there a way to set a SYSTEM DEFAULT finder window size and view options and then if you want to change something like Movies folder you can do it later....

Thats it folks, if you guys know something about that that i don't which, is porbably the case let me know please!

Cheers!

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

First, you're gonna have to check "Always open folders in new window" in your Finder Preferences. If you don't then when you open a second folder, it will open in the current window, and take on the size of that window, not the size you set it to. "Use as Defaults" will save the characteristics of your current window and apply them to all windows, but not the size.