Finder....

Discussion in 'iMac' started by martinchivers, Jul 12, 2011.

1. martinchivers macrumors regular

just a quickie. Is it at all possible to add "Copy" & "Paste" into the top toolbar in FINDER? I have found a load of extra stuff in "customise toolbar", (delete, being one useful addition) but there appears not to have those 2, commonly used tasks.

Thanks.

2. Detrius macrumors 68000

3. martinchivers thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks(?)

Not sure exactly what that means! I normally right click & send to trash, to delete but found a button in the set up & that is easier, so would just like a copy icon & a paste icon (as in windows explorer on Pc)

4. fivedots macrumors 6502a

Context menu is your right-click menu, yes.

Command+C and Command+V also work.

5. martinchivers thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks.

Ahh. Thought that must be what it ment. Will try cmd c & cmd v. Incidentally. Why v not p!?!?

So there DEFFINATLY not an icon, right

6. fivedots macrumors 6502a

No clue about the icon. Not in front of my machine.

C & V because they are right next to each other. Much more natural do be able to do it all with your left hand. Shortcut is the same on windows.

7. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

8. martinchivers thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks

Hi. I notice you have a canon scanner. I have an lide30, but haven't been able to get it to work on my mac & have to boot up a Pc in order to scan something. Is there a driver/software available for the mac? You scanner may be much newer. My mac is 3 weeks old.

9. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

The LiDE 30, 50 and 80 scanners WERE only supported by Canon up through OS X 10.4. I assume that like me you're running Snow Leopard if so, we're both out of luck. No Leopard or Snow Leopard support from Canon. I just looked at Canon's website and I see they no longer even have the drivers available. Up until 3 weeks ago I was using the iMac in my sig and that is where I've been using the LiDE 80. If I plan to continue using it I'll have to use it there, not on my new MacBook Pro. Thanks Canon!

There is a third party software called VueScan that according to their website will work as is with the LiDE 30 (my LiDE 80 requires the Canon driver) and is available at 2 price points, $39.95 and $79.95. They do have a trial version available though. Considering what the scanner originally cost I think it might be wiser to just buy a new one.

10. martinchivers thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for that info.

I very much suspected that that was the case. I looked at the vuescan software, & yes agree its too expensive. I was given the scanner by a friend when my (expensive) one broke down & it was only ever ment to be a temporary measure, so no problems there. I would like an epson V700, but having just bought a iMac, its not really practical at the moment. Just have to boot up the old PC every now & again!

11. Vylen macrumors 65816

Command + Delete (Backspace) to send to trash instead of using your mouse.

12. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

I found this while checking to see if there had been any developments with using the LiDE with 10.5 and 10.6. Looks like it should work for your LiDE 30. I'll have to do some more Googling to see if there's a way to get my LiDE 80 working.

CanoScan LiDE 30 on OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard - as easy as Linux (almost)!