Finder?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by myemaildw, Jul 6, 2008.

1. myemaildw macrumors regular

What browsers are there to substitute for Finder?
    Thanks

2. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

Pathfinder

And here is another link for you: Link. It helps a lot and has solved many questions and even problems.

3. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

what do you mean? you want another file manager? try xfolders.

4. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

No substitutes, but there are overlays, utilities, and apps (as mentioned ^^^) to work with Finder.

5. martychang macrumors regular

Xfile

http://rixstep.com/4/0/buy/

It includes sister utilities for things like search and stream editing and other neckbeardy things. I presume that if you're looking to replace the Finder that's what you're looking for though ;)

6. DARKJ3DI macrumors regular

DARKJ3DI

path finder

There's a shareware app called 'Path Finder' by cocoatech that is similar to the finder but has more features like tabbed windows, batch delete/copy; it can even replace the finders desktop with its own. However making it the default finder is the hard bit because Apples finder can't be removed (easily :D). I use Apples finder since i don't do a lot of file browsing.

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

OK, I'll confess my ignorance! That's a new one on me! What the heck is "neckbeardy"???? :confused:

8. martychang macrumors regular

Of or pertaining to the sorts of people who might grow neckbeards(Look it up on Wikipedia if you need a photo).

It's usually used in reference to hardcore computer scientist types, often UNIX users. They types of people who are angry they can't see the inodes of their files in their file manager, in other words :p

9. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Thanks! As I usually do, I did look it up in Wikipedia first, but didn't find anything. That's why I asked.