Finder

Discussion in 'macOS' started by A.Jai, Dec 16, 2008.

1. A.Jai macrumors member

A.Jai

Can someone help me. I just got a new MBP and I am having a really annoying problem with Finder. I am a designer so I always have my Finder set to Icon view so I can easily find images. Well every time I open a folder all of my icons are all over the place. I have it set to snap to grid and arrange by name but it doesn't seem to stick. Almost every time I open a folder I have to redo the settings. Is there someplace I don't know of that there is a global setting for this? I never had this problem on my old MBP. Driving me crazy :confused:

THANKS!

2. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Make sure you have it set to be the default (the snap to grid thing, etc) otherwise it will only apply to one folder.

3. A.Jai thread starter macrumors member

A.Jai

Yeah, it seems to be the default. If I open a folder that is messed up and move something it does snap to the grid. The problem is when I open it the folders are all over the place. Sometimes the folders are all over the place but still snapped to the grid, but there will be big gaps of nothing and then one folder way at the bottom or off to the left.

4. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

I would suggest that rather than choosing "Snap to Grid" in the "Arrange By:" pulldown menu you use "Name". That will keep the items arranged correctly (not scattered) and automatically does a Snap to Grid in the process of sorting the files to display by Name.

5. A.Jai thread starter macrumors member

A.Jai

OMG I think you fixed it!!!! :eek: I LOVE YOU!!!!

6. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

:D Now that's the kind of response we could all use more of!!!!!!;)