Finding Airport password

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by FSonicSmith, Apr 7, 2009.

1. FSonicSmith macrumors newbie

My MBPro works fine with my airport and automatically logs in to it, but my new iPhone does not. My iPhone asks me for the password to airport. I have no recollection of having to come up with a password for use of the MBPro, and if I did, I failed to write it down. Again, as stated at the outset, my MBPro automatically logs in and registers the airport, etc, without requiring a password. So today I have looked all over under "preferences" and network settings and whatnot on my MB trying to find any record of a password for airport and I don't find anything. Would the password be saved somewhere in my MB and if so, how do I go about finding it so I can get my iPhone to work? For the sake of disclosing all possibly relevant info, this iPhone is 3G and new, replacing a 1st generation iPhone that used to work just fine with my airport, and I don't recall having to come up with a password for my prior iPhone.

2. snowmoon macrumors 6502a

snowmoon

Have you checked in Keychain Access? ( Aplpications -> Utilities ).

3. FSonicSmith thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks!!!

Snowmoon, thanks so much-keychain showed me the password, and it is one that I would have never guessed-our IT guy at work must have set it over a year ago when I got the first iPhone. I had no idea-and guess I still have little idea-what the keychain utility is or what it is designed to do, but it sure helped this time!