Finding Aperture photos on my laptop

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jeroboam, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Jeroboam macrumors newbie

I have imported all of my photos into Aperture.

Now I'd like to upload some of the photos to Snapfish to get printed.

I can't seem to find the pix in the Finder when looking to find photos to upload. I _can_ see the Aperture library in the Finder, but it is greyed out so I cannot select it...

Am I going to have to export them from Aperture to a directory on my laptop before I can access a copy to upload?

Appreciate some assistance... Cheers..

2. rusty2192 macrumors 6502a

You should be able to right click on the Aperture Library and click "Show Package Contents" to get to them. However, DO NOT mess anything up when you go into there. It's not accessible by default for a reason.

All you will be able to access are your masters. Aperture does not save a final version after you edit them. It just writes a small file that tells it what changes to make to the master. This is known as non-destructive editing since it keeps the original master intact and takes up much less hard drive space. So if you want your photos to be as you've edited them and not as they came straight off the camera, then you will need to export. It's not hard and not all that time consuming, and you get the option to set the export options that work best.