Finding Corrupted MP3s

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by JessicaSideways, May 1, 2012.

1. JessicaSideways macrumors newbie

Hello,

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

So, here's my problem (hopefully, someone here can help me) - I had a hard drive fail on my old PowerBook G4 and recently got up the courage to do an undelete and recovered a great deal of music. A lot of the files seem to work correctly (especially the more rare/precious tracks that would have been hella difficult to replace - like my copy of the Ragnarok Online OST that I bought back in 2006 and my CD from a now defunct rock band from Texas), but some seem to be corrupted. Either they are shorter than they should be or they don't play at all.

Is there any way I can automatically detect these or do I have to find them as I listen to my music library?

Love is the Law, Love under Will.

2. mannix87 macrumors 6502

I dont know of any app that can detect corrupted files short of finding out while listening to it. Itunes,for sure, until now plays some of my files that were truncated for some reason or contains blank spots

3. JessicaSideways, May 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2012

JessicaSideways thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, that's troubling. I don't want to buy a new iPod/sync them with my Amazon Cloud Drive/transfer the bad tracks to my new Mac when I get it in a couple months.