finding hidden files after rendering Maya file through terminal

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DuFFy, May 9, 2009.

1. DuFFy macrumors regular

So I wrote a file to render out my animation scene through terminal rather than doing it within maya itself. Its common practice and its a standard simple line of text you enter for it. anyway. i had it create a folder from within the command rather then setting an existing folder as the render destination. Well now i can't find my files, the folder never showed up in finder but if i try to create a folder with the same name, it says it already exists. I tried navigating directly to it with apple shift g and it said it didnt exist. Then I found the command on macrumors to have finder show hidden files, i logged out and logged back in, and even still the folder does not show up. its not a huge deal to have to rerender the scene but based on the rerender ive started, that mystery folder is almost 4gigs and i would like to get rid of it. does anyone know what happen, and how i can get to the folder? Thanks in advance

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

If you can navigate to it in the Terminal then you should be able to open it in the Finder. So in Terminal get to where you try to create the folder and it says it exists and type open <name of folder here>. That will open the file or folder using Launch Services. If it's a folder that'll open in the Finder.