Finding iBooks & Magazines Inventory without iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Ibrin, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Ibrin macrumors newbie

Okay, so I know I want an iPad. However, it's not thing that I'm dying to get. I'm running out of shelf space for books, and I'd like to convert to digital books like I've done for music.

I want to make sure that at least some of the titles I want are in the iBookstore - before I buy the iPad. I realize a lot of titles are available on Kindle, and I could get that app. But, I'd like to have all my books in one place. I can browse Amazon.com to see what is offered in a Kindle version, but there is no way to browse the iBookstore from my Mac. Is there any way around that?

Also, is there any list of magazines being offered on the iPad? I subscribe to a number of magazines and the amount of waste (even recycled) bugs me. I don't want to keep the physical copies around, but would love electronic copies I could search through.

2. zaydia macrumors newbie

Agreed. I'd like the answer to this as well.

I too plan on buying an iPad in the future, but am trying to do my due diligence first by checking out apps and books. How can I view the offerings in the iBookstore prior to my purchase of the iPad?

Thanks!