Finding IP Address on Hard Drive Connected to Airport Extreme

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ROBOTBC, Sep 10, 2012.

1. ROBOTBC macrumors newbie

Hello, i couldnt figure this out this past weekend, and am now at work and not in from of my Mac. How do I find the IP address of a hard drive connected to an Airport Extreme? When I do the properties option, I just get the direct name of the device, and not the IP Address?

The reason I ask...I recently upgraded to Mountain Lion to resolve some Airport Extreme configurations. While I am glad I did upgrade, my Time Machine backups are taking forever with ML (too long). I have read elsewhere that if you input the IP address directly in Time Machine, this shortens up the process.

Any guidance will be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

It's connected to the Extreme's USB port? If it is, it'd have the same IP address as the Extreme because the Extreme is making it a sharable drive.

3. ROBOTBC thread starter macrumors newbie

It is conneected to a USB hub. I have 2 hard drives attached for backup only through Time Machine, one for my mac, one for partners mac. because of the hub, wouldnt the 2 have different IP addresses?

4. bearda macrumors 6502

No. The airport is providing access to both drives. They should both have the same IP address, but different share names.

5. ROBOTBC thread starter macrumors newbie

Great news. Thank you both for your responses. I will try this ASAP.