Finding iPhone 4 cases before launch day

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BeyondtheTech, Jun 20, 2010.

1. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

So, many of us are in anticipation of getting their iPhone 4 this Thursday, whether it be in store, or at their destination of their choice.

Most of those individuals will want to put 0-day protection on their iPhones, so it's obvious to have something available beforehand.

I've seen the FocalPrice and Meritline cheapo cases, and while they're hella cheap with free shipping, they say they won't arrive for 2-3 weeks, as it's coming from overseas.

Some booths in the mall such as Cellaris are starting to carry similar silicon cases, but they're charging $20 for it. Personally, I hate thin silicon cases - they're flimsy, shift around, and gather a lot of dust. So, $20 for that is crap, especially when they're probably the same case they bought from FocalPrice and Meritline for $1-3 each anyway.

Apple's bumper cases won't ship until a week or three later from their online store, and I'm working that day, so I can forget about trying to get to the B&M store before it sells out.

Anyone selling iPhone 4-specific cases that will make it before Thursday, either online or locally?

2. Ares1590 macrumors member

3. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I know this doesn't help in the immediate future, but I checked iSkin today and they will stock iPhone 4 cases in the near future. They also asked for feedback as to what people would like to see in terms of design, etc., so I was happy to provide that for them. I'm still pissed that Incipio isn't doing the translucent NGPs for the new iPhone, just matte opaque ones that, frankly, look like cheesy silicone, at least from what I can see online.

So if you've liked iSkin's cases in the past, might not hurt to check them and give them some input as to what you're hoping for design-wise.

4. Sinfire macrumors regular

A couple of things to keep in mind.....

1 - Is it a good thing to cover up the back of the phone ? I am pretty sure Apple went with the glass back for a reason.

2 - What if the back glass actually has sensors on it so that you can use your fingers to navigate on the phone without touching the front of the screen.

5. aequitas1234 macrumors member

lol

6. Jay26 macrumors member

It would be nice if Apple stores started selling the bumpers and cases a few days before the launch.

7. DataRiff macrumors member

DataRiff

UMMMM, we would already know if there were sensors... They would have obviously mentioned that already (not to sound bitchy or anything, just saying).

I ordered my "Bumper" on Apple.com last night, they only had the black ones left for June 24th shipping (and I got it overnighted, so I'll be receiving it on the 25th)! I figured I'll just go with whatever Apple designed, because they obviously know their own devices best (I love my official iPad case, it's perfect!).

8. labman macrumors 604

labman

1. Apple want's you to buy $29 Rubber Bands

2 I think Steve would have covered that at WWDC or the many people got a hands on at WWDC.

OP if you go to the Accessories section there are a tone of threads covering iPhone 4 cases even a few hands on.

if you use google and search iPhone 4 case a ton come up.

9. DataRiff macrumors member

DataRiff

I have trouble understanding the composition of this reply. What were you saying about Steve Jobs?

10. MacScho macrumors member

11. DataRiff macrumors member

DataRiff

12. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

never heard of this site but i'm checking them out

13. BeyondtheTech thread starter macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

There must be a reason why Apple requested an extension on confidentiality to the FCC. What's left?

Nice catch on that availability! Did you have to overnight it, if it ships by June 24?

14. DataRiff macrumors member

DataRiff

I overnighted it so that it would arrive June 25th, I want it on my phone right away! That was the quickest option...

15. twelve56 macrumors member

I just want a bumper, but no way im paying what apple wants for them! so i'l just keep searching ebay until a cheaper copy comes out.

16. Built macrumors 68020

I'm going to use an iPod sock until my bumper and Wrapsol comes in.

17. DataRiff macrumors member

DataRiff

I was thinking of going the iPod Sock route as well, but I read in some other thread on this forum a while ago that someone experienced slight scratches on their screen from the iPod Socks? I mean, I find that hard to believe, but it still got me worried enough...

18. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

We got some $10 cases on eBay for now and when the Otterbox has one I'll get that. My wife likes the iSkin ones.

19. Built macrumors 68020

Hmmm...Thanks for bringing that up, Data...I need to consider that possibility, too...

Well, the Wrapsol is coming ASAP, so maybe I'll just leave my i4 in the box until I get protection.

The iPod socks I have are really old (2004) but have never been used...

Maybe I'll wait! Thanks for bringing the possibility of scratches up...Never considered it before. :)

20. USMCSSGT macrumors member

USMCSSGT

I know when I did my pre-order from BestBuy they asked if I wanted to buy a case for that day....they had three choices I think, and then a screen protector for $20!!! Crazy....but I ordered a white one from Meritline.com on June 8, so hopefully it comes this week, preferably by Wednesday. It shipped from Singapore on the 14th, so 10 days should be plenty of time, I hope.

21. Ares1590 macrumors member

22. sjackson12 macrumors member

I'm more interested in what brands will be sold at the apple store on launch day - I'd prefer not to buy something online as I want to see it in person first.

23. labman macrumors 604

labman

DataRiff

Sinfire said:
    What if the back glass actually has sensors on it so that you can use your fingers to navigate on the phone without touching the front of the screen.

I replied

I think Steve would have covered that at WWDC or the many people got a hands on iPhone 4 at WWDC.