Finding MBPs at cheaper prices

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DartBoard1, Mar 16, 2011.

1. DartBoard1 macrumors newbie

Does anyone know sites that might have cheaper MBPs? The education store on apple doesn't quite save me enough and I don't want refurbished. I am however picky about customizing my laptop so I'd want a site or place that either lets you do that, or has lots of already made options....

:apple: 17" MBP (early 2008)
    :apple: 27" Apple Cinema Display

2. simsaladimbamba

Maybe this can help, but is NA centric: http://www.appleinsider.com/mac_price_guide/

Btw, refurbished products are quit good, maybe even better, since most of them have gone through quite a process to make them run.

3. Seraphex macrumors member

Are there any similar sites to apple insider for the UK?!

Would be pretty interesting to see.

4. Buck987 macrumors 6502a

less option with CTO for price savings...

macmall might be good for various combos but probable not enough of a discount

5. leftPCbehind209 macrumors member

I'm same boat as you....except I don't mind refurb...just might take a while for stock on an anti-glare 15" 2.0 gHz to become available.

The best I've found is B&H since they don't charge tax for me in California. ALso, I can link through Fatwallet cashback for another 2% I believe.

6. NikFinn macrumors 6502a

NikFinn

Your best bet would probably be refurbished. I think people that have never bought a refurbished Apple product worry that they'll look used and beat up, but personally every Apple product that I've ever bought refurbished could have passed as brand new. If you're looking for CTO, I would install the components yourself and save money, assuming you mean RAM and HDD/SSD.

7. barebackbadger8 macrumors 6502

barebackbadger8

if you live in the uk, check out www.bestbuy.co.uk
    they aint no cheaper but here is a 15% off promotional code:
    comp15

i used this the other day on a 2010 MBP, very pleased with the discount lol
    [​IMG]

8. Bandit390 macrumors newbie

Credit card that is 1-3% cashback

Amazon = 3-6% lower than msrp.

No tax if you're lucky.

Using the apple educational discount is kind of a wash when I have to pay tax. Although one year, I bought mine using the educational discount + free ipod touch(sold it) + state tax free weekend = cheaper than amazon.

9. Ccrew macrumors 68020

Agreed, bought our youngest daughter a Macbook at Xmas, and you literally couldn't tell it wasn't brand spanking new. Not a blemish on it.

The general rule of thumb is if the manufacture will back them up with the same warranty as new then they know it's not a losing proposition... and you can buy applecare on a refurb to boot - just like a brand new one.

10. Seraphex macrumors member

Nice, thats pretty good! Pity they doing do custom builds ... Really want the high resi screen :(