Finding out battery capacity

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GreyOS, Jul 12, 2015.

1. GreyOS macrumors 68030

I have an iPhone 5 on 8.4 which is 2.5 years old and iBackupBot reports it has 669 cycles, which sounds about right. However it says the FullChargeCapacity is 1400. The DesignCapacity is listed as 1430. If this is accurate then the battery is at 98% of its original capacity, which sounds way too good to be true, as Apple only rate it to be at least 80% after 500 cycles.

Has anyone else seen odd figures in iBackupBot and know of other tools which report different figures?

Thanks.

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

If you have a Mac you can use Coconut battery to double check. But to answer your question, I have not seen strange figures from iBackUpBot.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

In the end all that matter is what Apple says when they put it on their diagnostics device. They are the one who decides if you have a warranty issue or not.

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

They do not rate the battery in the way your assuming. Check the battery thread and you'll see 1000+ cycle iPhones with 90%+ capacities.

5. GreyOS thread starter macrumors 68030

Haha what? The phone is 2.5 years old and isn't one of the phones under the replacement program, so I'm not interested in hassling Apple about a warranty issue :)

I just want to know the health of the battery and if it's worth paying for a replacement - either through Apple or an iFixit set. My partner gets poor battery life but it could be her particular type of use - so I wanted to know if replacing battery would improve things, without having to go to an Apple store first.

Thanks. Coconut battery shows 92% which is more believable. Strange that they report quite different figures. Looks like there is no point replacing the battery yet :)

Thanks all.