Finding out iphone 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sivat6, Mar 2, 2011.

1. sivat6 macrumors newbie

I got a unlocked and jail broken used iphone 3GS. Now I am not sure whether I got 3G or 3GS. In iphone settings->General shows one serial number which seems to be 3GS. But when I connect it to itune, its showing different serial number which is 3G. Now I dont know which one to believe. Also there are some other differences. My iphone shows that it has 32GB, but itune reports only 8G. I know that in 3G, we cant take video. But when I click my iphone camera, it opens up "Quick Pro" application and I am able to take videos. My iphone has 3.1.3 version and when I try to upgaded 4.2.1 for 3GS, it says that its incompatible version. I am guessing that its because itune detect my iphone as 3G. Can someone tell me which one is correct, the information on the iphone or itune?

2. Xenc macrumors 65816

Xenc

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

What does it say on the back of the phone?

3. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

1. The wording on the lower back section of the 3GS phone is chrome color (matching the logo). Of course, if someone wants to change the back housing, this can be switch out.
    2. 3GS has the compass function. You can check if yours has it.
    3. When you click on Camera apps, 3GS has function to switch between camera function & video function. 3G does not.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

5. sivat6 thread starter macrumors newbie

1. Yes, the wording on the lower back section is matching the logo.
    2. Yes, it has compass function
    3. Yes, I can switch between camera and Video. But I am wondering whether it is a feature of "Quick Roll" application or not.

6. sivat6 thread starter macrumors newbie

Do you meant to say, the information shown on the itune is correct one.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes.
    Quick Pro is just an app, not Apples native video program.

8. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Seller probably installed the compass apps as well.

If he/she tries to fool you. He/she has achieved this purpose.

Like Applejuice said, the information shows in Itunes when you connect your iphone to your PC is the correct info.

9. APtalent macrumors regular

You got scammed. They switched the back plate.