Finding photos in Finder?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by rye9, Aug 25, 2009.

1. rye9 macrumors 65816

rye9

Okay so I wanted to find a photo to upload, and so it goes to the usual "Browse" window that is a mini version of finder so to speak.. and so I go to "pictures" and I want to continue and click on "iPhoto library" which will then open me up my pictures as I have before. However, "iPhoto library" doesn't open anything... it's just an icon which if I click on it just uses the picture of its icon. If I go to the regular finder window on Leopard, then when I click on it, it opens up iPhoto. Does this situation make sense the way I worded it? And how do I fix this?

2. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

Control click on the iPhoto library and then show contents and you will be able to find pictures that are in your iPhoto library from finder....

is that what you were looking for?

3. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

If you are using Leopard, you can access your iPhoto library directly from the sidebar in the Open/Save dialog box. There is no need to locate the picture in Finder in order to upload it.

4. devburke Guest

Do this. Starting with iPhoto '08, iPhoto started keeping all your photos and whole library in a single "iPhoto Library" file, which is actually a package that hides its internals from you. Seeing as how you can browse your library from the sidebar, that's safer and easier, and you should do that. Alternatively, one nice feature of OS X is that you can drag a file from the Finder or wherever right onto the "Browse..." or "Choose File" or whatever button. So if you had iPhoto open already, you could just drag the file right from iPhoto onto the button. I never use those "Browse" buttons anymore when uploading, just drag the file onto the button. You can even drag the files right from Quicksilver!

5. rye9 thread starter macrumors 65816

rye9

Thanks for the replies... but I think I figured out the issue :p.

It seems that I can't access the pictures through the "places" subsection in Finder, however underneath was a section called "media", in which the iPhoto library actually opened.